No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And ... we are just the opposite! Gonna be nice today - Friday then 90's again.

Comment

• We had a lovely breezy day yesterday with no aircon on and all windows open, loved it.

Comment

• *sigh* Hot here still. I'm ready for cooler fall weather, but fall also means increased wildfire risk in Southern California because of brief periods of ultra low humidity and high winds coming off the desert when high pressure settles over northern Arizona/southern Utah/Nevada. The high pressure compresses the air, which heats the air, and some of the hot, compressed air comes our way, seeking areas of lower pressure, and on the way to the coast it gets funneled through the mountain passes and canyons that surround Los Angeles, which amplifies the effect of the wind and BOOM , increased risk of fire. Add to that our homeless crisis where so may encampments have people cooking over open flames and the odds of fires go up even more. Ugh!
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Wow Dan. That' a lot to deal with & prepare for. OK... the image of the part in the movie Wayne's World where the limo driver "knew you much" came to mind while reading your comment ... hahahaha!! Tho, I know the actual situation is NOT funny... Stay cool.

AND, Meg??? Will this hurricane effect you any? Looks to be close?

Comment

• I was wondering about Meg and Style. Do hope they stay safe.

Comment

• Oh is Style central FL too? Well I guess anyone IN Florida... yes! Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Been watching Dorian info ALL weekend. Wow, slow. Hope the folks on the eastern coast are ok & waiting to get info from the Bahamas. I've been there, just didn't realize it was so close. It's higher up & more easterly than I thought. Now, I do remember Jamaica ... I thought how odd to fly OVER Cuba... I was 17, senior trip.

Comment

• Meg??? Style??? TBCR???

Comment

• Hot Hot Hot ...

Again, Meg? Style? ya'll good?

Comment

• All good here. I was actually in San Diego during the storm so, other than following it for my family in So FL, I was unaffected. Meg should be ok also...

We really didn't feel much of any affects according to my fam.

Comment

• Everybody has their "weather thing". I wouldn't want to live worrying about a hurricane - - but I don't like it AT ALL worrying about a tornado. Flooding along the Mighty MS or any waterway - drought in the Midwest - fires out the the west. ... freezing temperatures up North. Weird when you think about it. (oh tsunami's HI & AK). We don't get much snow - but we do icy roads & the tornado season. Brown Recluse, Black Widows, & Rattlesnakes ...I guess are our scariest things ... oh the car driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          Everybody has their "weather thing". I wouldn't want to live worrying about a hurricane - - but I don't like it AT ALL worrying about a tornado. Flooding along the Mighty MS or any waterway - drought in the Midwest - fires out the the west. ... freezing temperatures up North. Weird when you think about it. (oh tsunami's HI & AK). We don't get much snow - but we do icy roads & the tornado season. Brown Recluse, Black Widows, & Rattlesnakes ...I guess are our scariest things ... oh the car driver.
                          Earthquakes!! (We don't worry about them though)
                          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Oh my gosh YES!
                            Tho not a worry here ... but a horrible dred. I see there are tornado warnings in MI ... whaaaa? I have close family in Waterford & East Lansing. [emoji1695]
                            Tomorrow and Friday are going to be our hottest days of the year - ugh![emoji3508][emoji91][emoji274]

Comment

• It’s been [emoji3062] hot. Feels like is 105. It’s been prolly 10 days like this & all of next week too. Death for our landscape [emoji3064]

Comment

• The worst thing about Dorian for me here on the east coast of Central FL...the waiting!!! Oh I've never wanted to go back to work as badly as I did on Tuesday last week. It felt like it took 3 years to get here.
                                I've been praying for the Bahamas though. In all my complaining about how long I had to wait for the non-event "event" that place was decimated. I'm feeling very blessed that it was just like a really horrible afternoon thunderstorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X