No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We watched The Favourite over the weekend. Not nearly as funny as the trailers make it look. A dark, cautionary tale about getting what you wish for. We had to watch a sitcom afterward to lighten the mood.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Haven't seen it. But the reminded me of the movie with Ben Affleck & Samuel L Jackson ... Changing Lanes. WOW, I could hardly watch this is made me so mad!

Comment

• Movie Reviews

Wow every time I watch Field of Dreams I cry. Not just once but throughout the whole movie. Weird.[emoji848]⚾️[emoji22]
        Thennnnn watch Bull Durham & laugh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 18-03-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• I've actually seen both movies you mention but it's not often I have seen the ones you mention.

Comment

• Baseball season is upon us!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Baseball season is upon us!
              Okay, okay, this is definitely the wrong thread to talk about baseball. 5 demerits.

Comment

• ... the two movie titles ... a theme it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  ... the two movie titles ... a theme it seems
                  Sure, this is how it starts. Next thing you know it'll be discussion on fantasy leagues and pitching averages. I see how you guys are.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the movie: Three Billboards outside of Missouri??? ... or something like that? We heard it was funny....

Comment

• I saw it, but it has been awhile. I don't remember it being funny. It has a serious theme. Perhaps it had a few funny lines, I can't recall. Like I said, it's been awhile since I saw it.

Comment

• Movie Reviews

Oh. thanks Deanie . Kevin was told about it & by the time it got to me .... I got the impression it was supposed to be funny. HA! It figures tho... the guy we heard about it from is an agent. Thanks we'll rent it...
                        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 03-05-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• We watched it. It wasn't a comedy by any means, although it had it's funny moments, as any good movie should. We liked it though. Francis McDormand and Woody Harrelson are both very good. At first they have this adversarial relationship and you quickly form an opinion of what that relationship is, but then something happens and you realize it's not at all what you thought. There are a number of things in this movie that make you sit up a little straighter in your seat. The ending left you wondering--I might've liked to see a tidier conclusion, but it was definitely a good movie.

Comment

• Movie Reviews

Oh good! He must have suggested it because we watched The Highway Men. Ok....
                            Did I mention we watched The Mule? Anyone like this? It was ok. Reminded me a lot of Gran Torino ... kinda slow but told a story

Comment

• Watched a Kevin Hart stand up from the O2 center in London.... it was good. Then we watched The Upside. I liked it too.
                              Want to see Aladdin, Seceret Life of Pets 2, Toy Story 4, Yesterday.....

Comment

• We watched The Mule with Clint Eastwood, liked it a lot even though Clint didn't punch or shoot anybody, and we watched The Up Side with Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston and liked it even more. Both movies - thumbs up!

Comment

Working...
                                X