Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE

Movie Reviews

Oh. thanks Deanie . Kevin was told about it & by the time it got to me .... I got the impression it was supposed to be funny. HA! It figures tho... the guy we heard about it from is an agent. Thanks we'll rent it...
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 03-05-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    We watched it. It wasn't a comedy by any means, although it had it's funny moments, as any good movie should. We liked it though. Francis McDormand and Woody Harrelson are both very good. At first they have this adversarial relationship and you quickly form an opinion of what that relationship is, but then something happens and you realize it's not at all what you thought. There are a number of things in this movie that make you sit up a little straighter in your seat. The ending left you wondering--I might've liked to see a tidier conclusion, but it was definitely a good movie.
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Fav Author

Movie Reviews

Oh good! He must have suggested it because we watched The Highway Men. Ok....
    Did I mention we watched The Mule? Anyone like this? It was ok. Reminded me a lot of Gran Torino ... kinda slow but told a story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fav Author
    Watched a Kevin Hart stand up from the O2 center in London.... it was good. Then we watched The Upside. I liked it too.
    Want to see Aladdin, Seceret Life of Pets 2, Toy Story 4, Yesterday.....

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    We watched The Mule with Clint Eastwood, liked it a lot even though Clint didn't punch or shoot anybody, and we watched The Up Side with Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston and liked it even more. Both movies - thumbs up!
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Fav Author
    Child - King
    Watched John Wick 3, hmm, getting a wee bit unrealistic now.
    The fight sequences are excellent and filmed well, but, the law of averages say that after 3,000 kills your luck kinda has to run out

6 / 10
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Fav Author
    Funny Gis I've never watched any of the Wick stuff or Matrix or whatever.... but yeah, sometimes - a lot of times in a movie I'll lean over & say "now if that happened real like - you'd be dead or that'll kill you". Things like that get on my nerves.

What do y'all think of the new Batman? And no, I don't watch those either. Saw the first one & then saw the second ONLY because of Val Kilmer - but we walked out..... so that's a no on super hero movies, nothing sci-fi ...

Early Learner
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, etc.
    I like the John Wick movies.

I have to "suspend my belief" a lot of times when I'm reading a book so have no problem doing it when I'm watching a movie...if I'm really into the movie.
    Last edited by Deanie; 01-06-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Fav Author
    Wow that 3 billboards outside Mo. is hard to find to rent. I don't want to buy for 15.00......no Redbox, no Netflix. BUT I can buy the DVD for 8.00 ?????

I missed Aladdin - it seemed to updated to me after watching several YT videos on it. I'll wait to DIRECTV it. Also I REALLY want to see Secret Life of Pets 2 ...then Toy Story 4 comes out this weekend. Next weekend is Yesterday. IF we'd ever leave the house maybe I can see them now rather than in 6 months.

Beach Bum
    Fav Author
    Child, Crais, Koontz
    It's been a while since I've watched a movie...even at home!
    Other than Gran Torino and Field of Dreams I don't think I've watched a single movie y'all have been talking about!