Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Reviews

Recent movie ratings: (My scale is based on 7/10 or above being worth paying for to see in theater...)

Jurassic World- 5/10
    Inside Out- 4/10
    Ted 2- 7.5/10
    Max- 6/10
    Spy- 7.5/10

Probably see Trainwreck this weekend...

Thanks. I saw the Minions this weekend. I think they're so cute. But as soon as "the female lead" came into the movie, … I just didn't like that character I GUESS. And I do like Sandra Bullock.

Comment

Inside Out...is that the kids movie?

Comment

Yes, I've heard it's wonderful. I'm just not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
          Inside Out...is that the kids movie?
          Meg - It's an animated kids movie. I just wasn't entertained but almost everyone else seems to have positive things to say. I kinda thought it was too advanced for the young ones and too boring for the older ones...

It's about a young girl with her emotions played out by characters in her mind (e.g., joy, sadness, fear, anger, etc). There used to be a tv show called Herman's Head that was similar.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Thanks. I saw the Minions this weekend. I think they're so cute. But as soon as "the female lead" came into the movie, … I just didn't like that character I GUESS. And I do like Sandra Bullock.
            Going on that alone I wouldn't see the movie as I am not a Bullock fan. I'm over the minions anyway as they're all over facebook with various bits and pieces of wording.

Comment

Movie Reviews

I've tried several sites to "hear" the cussing. The WTF. But I can't hear - I don't understand what they're saying. But the PARA LA BUKA which should be BOCA ??? For ur mouth ---- I'd say goes with food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                I've tried several sites to "hear" the cussing. The WTF. But I can't hear - I don't understand what they're saying. But the PARA LA BUKA which should be BOCA ??? For ur mouth ---- I'd say goes with food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                cussing in what?

Comment

parents say the Minions Happy Meal toy cusses. says" WTF" (it's been on the news this week) I was kinda responding to Fiona … but since I'm not on FB, maybe that's not what she meant.

Comment

oh ok...on FB they have all these posts that are going around with the minions on it...I have friends who love the minions so they post a lot of that. I'll see if I can find one & show you what I think Fiona is talking about.

Comment

Trainwreck - My 23 yr old daughter and I both gave it 5/10 while my wife gave it 7.5/10. Romantic comedy with simple plot and it was boring and not enough funny parts. One of those that you see most of the funny parts in the trailers. Hoped for more from Amy Shumer.

Comment

Went to see Terminator Genisys, decent enough 7.5/10
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Paper Towns - 7 borderline on whether worth paying to see it in theater.
                          Southpaw - 8 terrific acting by Jake Gyllenhaal and Forest Whitaker.

Comment

I watched an older movie on TV which horrified me and brought me to tears - I had never seen Hotel Rwanda and although I knew about the tribal genocide it brought it home to me more vividly when portrayed on the screen. It hasn't been the only genocide in the 20th century with Hitler and the Jews, the Serbian conflict, Muslims and Christians, it just never seems to end. One of the worst aspects was that no nation was willing to step in and try to put an end to it, the UN was handcuffed and could do little to help. Difficult to believe in a kindly deity with all the killing going on and now the jihadist wanting to wipe out everyone who doesn't believe in their faith. We humans are a sorry lot (of course, not all of us). Sorry about the depressing post.

Changed Avatar to a pic of a Christmas arrangement, don't know why I always think of Christmas when the weather becomes well nigh unbearably hot and sticky.
                            Last edited by momckee; 27-07-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I've seen that movie...yeah it was horrible to watch. Read a book called Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza that was also about that topic. One of the toughest books I have ever read, but also one that I recommend.
                              Even with all she went through her faith carried her through and shines in her writing. Just because we make horrible decisions doesn't mean God wants that to happen...I look at it as we all get to make decisions and just like a mother or father wants the best for their children they don't get to live that child's life for them...they have to (and usually do) make decisions that are horrible and bring consequences that would best be avoided. But in those mistakes is when we grow the most and develop character, strength, sympathy, empathy and hopefully don't make the same choice again.

Comment

Working...
                              X