No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you have mild weather until repairs are made 4A!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
      Was looking for a house, but realized there was no way I'd be able to keep up with all the yard work, painting and inside maintenance and still be able to bike, kayak, walk, go to the beach and pool, etc
      Good prioritizing, Meg! Congratulations!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• What are you doing?

Today is 50 & early this am is was very cool in the house!
          Our part is here now & will be installed after work.
          Yea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Some issues with the inspection so I'm adding some contingencies for repairs or replacements for some things. Little things are within my limited abilities...replacing a breaker box is WAY outside my abilities!!

Comment

• What are you doing?

Funny Meg. I don't know how most people do it period. Kevin figures out most of it but on occasion he's too busy & has to pay- it's an expensive thing to just pop up & have! & then they get older & by that I mean widowed women in their 70+ BUT my BIL summed it up good this weekend- he said his mom was going thru home repair problems & she just calls says what she wants & "pays the damn bill" it was so funny. I know I know most folks can't do that - it was just the thought of HER actually saying something like that!!! It threw me.
              This is a woman that has the most cultured, slow, husky, low & yes still sexy voice , southern rich/respected accent I have ever hear. Think Dixie Carter meets Demi Moore means a female Sam Elliot with the slight flirtatious of Mathew maconaghey . Seriously she should have been using her voice to make money ----and I mean ANY WAY!!! I asked Steve this weekend if he would record her reading a nursery rhyme for me or a scene from Gone with the Wind---trust me it'd come out the same. Just makes you smile with wonder & pride- truly. This is a voice that's leaving with every generation. She's almost 80. It's just short of the "well I do declare " or "no I wasn't remotely even thinking of anything along the lines you just described ".

Do it your best southern! Ha!
              Last edited by 4AMNTN; 16-02-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Interesting post 4A - Mom sounds like a Southern Belle.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Yes Mo & at her later age ... it makes no difference. I always enjoy hearing her on the few chances I can!
                  As people around here say " she could sing (read) the phone book" !
                  And it's my brother in law's mom.

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 16-02-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Today is a beautiful 70. We're having the outside WHITE of our house painted. It's gonna look so nice! so much for our date night, they're still here. Date night, you know... it's been awhile since we had one & of course.... we're getting a late start.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Looks like I may be going back to work [emoji68]🏼*⚕️for an old friend(Dr.). He specializes in Prostate Cancer treatments. It's amazing the studies I've been reading ... it's a wonder (well, delete). Doctors are NOW looking at how aggressive this (CA) - (not that they never did -- it's on a different level now) is & they are aggressively treating the WHOLE patient. [emoji381]They are studying it on the molecular level - using drugs that interact there & then branching out to other medications & then surgeries, radiation, chemo. etc. [emoji436]I'll only go in once a week, [emoji382]small patient loads. He travels for conferences most weeks out of the year.
                      Ah, but we'll do a few vasectomies too. ✂️✂️✂️We could do these in our sleep!

Comment

• Interesting work 4A, lots of variety of scenery.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Oh my been at my parents Friday & Sunday tearing down an old workshop/shed. Dump fee weight??? 8THOUSAND pounds!!!! Ahhhh tired!

Attached Files
                          Last edited by 4AMNTN; 01-03-2017, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Slowly working on figuring out my new tasks.

Comment

• Been watching LIVE feed of April the Giraffe. If you have a minute yep that in & watch her live camera; she's gonna have a baby! Poor thing must be miserable. A 6' 150lb baby!

Comment

• OK so totally addicted to April! And now I have an extra pair of eyes helping me. The video I shot is sooooo cute! YT: Simon cat watching April the Giraffe.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X