What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    We're having a slow week. One of my 18 y.o. cats passed on Monday, Dot the solid black one. She was 18y 2mo 20days.
    Sorry to hear this, she had a long life, rip Dot
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Fours. 18 is old for a cat? I thought their life expectancy was usually 12-14 years?

Comment

• thx y'all. yes & no... I've heard some live for 20-22 years. But yes I think it's long. She's wasn't well really the last few months but it's hard to KNOW WHEN. Simon & Lucy are her sisters & they're still going' ... Simon's a little off theses days. (shhhh, she's my favorite)
        We have a GREAT VET -- and a working friendship with the funeral home. Because here, it costs about 400.00 to put an animal to sleep - then the cremation is about that,. We were not charged, nor did the funeral home & they brought Dot's remains to our home the same day. Gotta love PET lovers.

Comment

• Well, finally after 7-1/2 weeks i got my cast off, quite painful but got decent meds.
          Dead skin heaven

Comment

• Back to the golf course then. A few good rounds and the occasional hole in one?

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
              Back to the golf course then. A few good rounds and the occasional hole in one?
              Not quite, start golfing next week hopefully

Comment

• oh mercy! I wish you another quick recovery - those greens aren't going to play themselves!

Comment

• Great news, Giz! We expect reports of golfing, bowling, and arm wrestling by the end of the month!
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Had a brilliant day yesterday. Went to a motor museum about 80 miles from home. Lots of old cars from 1902 to 2004, most were 60's to 80's. A lot were from English manufacturers who have disappeared plus some Fords.

The added bonus was that it was possible to drive some of these old cars (arranged in advance). I drove a 1955 Austin A30. I doubt that make and model will mean anything to most of you, perhaps Gis may remember seeing one. They were manufactured from early 50's to 1960. Only a very small car, just like my first car back in 1966.

There were about 40 different models to choose from, including a Rolls Royce.

Comment

• Yep, i remember the A30's, think my dad actually had one

Comment

• I remember Austin Healey sports cars but the A30 model was never a thing here in the USA. Not even sure they were sold here.

Comment

• There was an Austin Healey 3000 there, not available to drive though. My recollection, not guaranteed to be right, is that in the 50/60's the vast majority of American cars were home produced by US companies and were usually big. Here in the UK smaller cars were begininning to be produced to make them available to "ordinary" people who previously wouldn't have been able to afford a car

Comment

• My Dad always talked about wanting a Bug-Eye Sprite. The closest he got was having a little Morris Minor pickup truck, lol. He used to let my brother and me sit in his lap and steer it into the garage, although upon reflection I'm sure he was "assisting" us. That was a cool little truck.

Comment

• image.pngThis is the vehicle I would know as a Morris Minor pick up truck. Is this the one, Dan?​

Comment

• image.pngThis is like the Austin A30 I drove​

Comment

Working...
                                X