No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny! y'all. I'd love to see it! We live so close to the US Space & Rocket Center - but I have yet to tour it. Maybe this summer! I also have not been to the Kentucky Derby - but it's on my Bucket List! hmmmm "close" things ... the St Louis Arch is a little far - so is the BlueRidge Parkway .... hmmmm we seen "right around here things" ...
    Dan?

Comment

• As an aside, according to Ancestry.com, I'm currently 47% Scottish, so there's that. 48% English/Northwestern European, 5% Irish. I say "currently" because every few months, Ancestry updates their databases and new information sometimes changes the percentages and even nationalities. Usually only small changes, but for a while I had ScanDANavian, but not any more.

Is the question about what historical things are nearby, or what famous things are nearby, or historically famous things? Historically we have the California missions up and down the state that were founded by Junipero Serra back in the 1700s. The closest mission to us is either San Gabriel or San Juan Capistrano, SJC being the most famous. Other than that most of our locally famous stuff is either beach related, or entertainment-centric. We have Hollywood (rarely go there) and all that is part of that, old and new, and we have good old Disneyland (go there a lot, approaching 600 visits).
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
        We were thinking of Loch Ness. As "our man on the spot" Gis, is the monster likely to be around this summer?
        Of course he's always there, you just don't see him every time
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Dan ... I was there in ??? '78 and again in '97. Have u ever been to Nashville?
          OH BIG WOW with the ancestry thing. My sister did it a few years back::
          Scotland:: 47%
          England & Northwestern Europe:: 37%
          Norway:: 8% ...
          that's wild to me! I thought my mom always said Irish - English, Dutch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Dan ... I was there in ??? '78 and again in '97. Have u ever been to Nashville?
            OH BIG WOW with the ancestry thing. My sister did it a few years back::
            Scotland:: 47%
            England & Northwestern Europe:: 37%
            Norway:: 8% ...
            that's wild to me! I thought my mom always said Irish - English, Dutch.
            The only place I've been in TN is Chattanooga for the better part of a week on business. Love the Aquarium there!
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• We did the whole Chattanooga thing once: the Chattanooga, choo-choo Ruby Falls, Rock City the aquarium shopping Lookout Mountain … we have beautiful state parks - Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson - Knoxville & Nashville… they're getting rough - some have always been rough. YEP …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Heading down south to Bath to surprise my sister for her 70th birthday early Wednesday

Comment

• That's a long drive, Gis. 400 miles??

Comment

• How fun GIS. Hope u have a nice drive

Comment

That's a long drive, Gis. 400 miles??
                      Nearer 470

Comment

• Have a good journey, Gis

Comment

Have a good journey, Gis
                          It's rained pretty much non stop since I got here, home tomorrow

Comment

• We had a very wet morning but it stopped raining around 1pm

Comment

• Cooking, Baking, Preparing OH MY! Yep, Easter dinner at my sister's house. First without Mom ... don't know how she planned cooked arranged everything 4-5 times a year for 12 for 30+ years .... amazing. Welp, gotta get started.
                              Y'all have a safe & happy & THANKFUL weekend.

Comment

• We have spent most of the day in the garden, a general tidy up and then planting vegetables. Potatoes, peas, tomatoes and onions are this year's choice
                                Last edited by YB; 10-04-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X