No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Gis, that's fantastic! Way to persevere!
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• That's so great! GIS, wow!

Comment

• Up & out early today - Lucy has a UTI ... goodness. It's so sad to watch them go thru this, these older years. Next week I'll take Simon in for her change in mood, unstable backend & she seems "out of it" --- bless it.

Comment

• You've certainly got your hands full with your elderly pets, hoping for a good outcome for them all
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Thank you GIS ....have had a few shitty years that's for sure.

Comment

• WELL! This weekend - my sister that's ives in MI is MOVING! yep,to my mom's house. It's only a year old - everything inside is a year old! My mom bless her heart - has made is possible for us to DO a few things... I am so happy she's moving here. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping it will get me out of the house & to have a "friend"!! wow. I didn't go see my mm enough - it was too sad and I KNEW it and REGRET it. But -- hopefully I'll be traveling a different path - WHOA, that's deep, ha. I've already planned a KENTUCKY DERBY party -- then she's like wait a minute -- CINCO DE MAYO! see -- already I'm smiling. (big thanks & I love u to my mom)

Comment

• I know the names of lots of US states but not their abbreviations. So MI equals Mississippi, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri - which? And whichever one it is what are the abbreves for the others given that they all start MI.
                I think we all tend to neglect Mum a bit. Many years ago now but I was planning a visit one day, something cropped up and I was running late so I thought "I'll go tomorrow after work" . Just before 5pm the following day she died. It's over 20 years ago but I still feel guilty

Comment

• Oh my, gosh YB ... I'm sorry. My goodness.

Well, the "M" states are MI = Michigan MN = Minnesota MT =Montana MO = Missouri ME = Maine MA = Massachusetts MS = Mississippi -- funny yep.
                  We are Tennessee == TN, my family lives in AL = Alabama, and MI = Michigan, and in VA = Virginia, KY=Kentucky. Dan is out in CA= California, also CA is Canada, yeah I know. Learning those and the state capitals, largest city, state motto/nicknames, bird, etc. DUH, right?! Tho now I think the state nicknames are neat. We are The Volunteer State (our willingness to step up for war) . Dan out in Ca, California is The Golden State. (Gold Rush...) MI, Michigan is The Great Lakes Sate (due to the lakes that surround it: x5) AL, Alabama is ... well ... there are several - The Cotton State, Yellowhammer State (bird) , Heart of Dixie ... and recently people refer most things in/of AL by Roll Tide - Crimson Red .... SPORTS. VA, Virginia is Old Dominion (old, first settlement,, oldest) and KY, Kentucky is the Bluegrass State ( not the music, the "shade of grass") Hopefully the VA and KY folks will be moving back to AL soon. "Sweet Home Alabama" - it's a song, it's one of THE songs of the South., haaaaa
                  And yep, Dan and I both could tell you all of that for ALL 50 states! Drilled into us in school - middle school years- I always enjoyed trying to remember names & locations? of our American Indians - there are QUITE a few!

Comment

• Thanks, Fours. Very interesting. I'll try to remember at least some of them.

On Friday we had a trip on a famous UK train, a short journey of around 35 minutes outbound, a 15 minute break and then the 35 minutes return. This was from Bury to Rawtenstall. Bury is approx. 25 miles from where we live. This will continue for a while yet before it moves to other parts of the country so everyone (or at least most people) will have the opportunity to go on it.
                    All in all we had a brilliant day out.

The Flying Scotsman Railway Engine went into service on February 24th 1923, hence having recently celebrated it’s 100th birthday. Among it’s claims to fame are that it was the first steam train to reach 100 miles per hour in 1934 and many years later (1989 I think) it did the longest ever non stop run of 422 miles.
                    It was built in Doncaster in the north of England and earned its early living on the London to Edinburgh route.
                    After being retired from regular journeys in 1963 it was in various museums before being restored to its former glory. It had further work in 2022 so that it could be used on pleasure runs to celebrate its centenary.

Comment

• That's awesome YB. Great story - it's good that y'all support/enjoy it's restoration. I've heard of a lot of names of areas over there - obviously not the smaller ones -
                      It's a great story to follow too HISTORY - We had a series here called "Hell on Wheels" - it was really good - about the Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroads meeting 1869 - it's a good story & the scenery was awesome ( Canada I think) but still I enjoyed the Old West setting.
                      Is there anything famous right around you? Any other stories? It's interesting. ~~~ Of course we are known for Country Music, ELVIS, Great Smoky Mountains, certain foods, Vanderbilt, Oak Ridge , Trail of Tears, oh and YES, Jack Daniels!

Comment

• Scotland is so steeped in historical things that it would be a nightmare for tourists to decide where they want to go.

Comment

• OH! I told u that we watched Scotland on the Smithsonian Channel & WOW! It was amazing. If I ever "went" anywhere, that'd be it! Beautiful!

Comment

• Although it is only around 200 miles away we haven't been to Scotland for over 40 years. Might go this year

Comment

• So, for natural beauty the West Coast is the place to go, simply breath taking views

Comment

• We were thinking of Loch Ness. As "our man on the spot" Gis, is the monster likely to be around this summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X