No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing today - rain. Gotta get after it - I've let the house go... need to "clean like ur momma's coming" as my sister & I say. My oldest sister & my mom's house is ALWAYS company ready. Not me! not with 5 cats - gotta have some notice!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Well y'all. My mom passed away Saturday. It was very sad. VERY quick just 31 days from Diagnosis the death. The Oncologist told us Friday thru a phone chat that the PET scan showed she was much more advanced than he thought, it had spread all over "gross involvement"; it was two aggressive types together which is rare (adeno-squamos) You say I want to be there, but that was very sad. ALL three of her girls were there that last 40 hours. The grandkids got to FaceTime, the Sons In Law were there ...She was ummm just a very strong supportive talented GOOD mom. Funeral is today at 2. Just us, just like Dad's.
      Thanks to you all for your kind words and thoughts. I'll text more later. -- hug your family
      So sorry about your Mom, 4A.

Comment

• Wow... it's was so quick. She was laughing at Christmas and gone less than a month later. Dad too, 13 days COVID. I don't know what I thought ... we were ALL getting older, she was so independent, strong, had answers, patient, smart, my goodness .....

thx.

Comment

• Good to see you Post Deanie ... Brouwer stops by too!

Comment

Good to see you Post Deanie ... Brouwer stops by too!
            Yep! I'm here too. We all share those difficult moments, once you're past 60. Friends and family who pass away.
            A wise man said once: 'It is, what it is'
            Well, you have to accept en move on, but that is not always easy.

Wait, I'm starting to sound like Jack Reacher ?!

Comment

• He doesn't have too many bad qualities.

Just getting back from the Vet - long night Dot (my almost 18 y.o. black cat) is suffering with a UTI - bless it. We were up ALL night with her - fluids, Xray, antibiotics/steroid injections & antibiotic for home --- $330.00 later & we're just waiting now til she feels better. The other 2 almost 18 y.o. (all sisters) Lucy & Simon are both dehydrated as well - beginning to wonder if it's THIS bag of food????

Comment

He doesn't have too many bad qualities.

Just getting back from the Vet - long night Dot (my almost 18 y.o. black cat) is suffering with a UTI - bless it. We were up ALL night with her - fluids, Xray, antibiotics/steroid injections & antibiotic for home --- $330.00 later & we're just waiting now til she feels better. The other 2 almost 18 y.o. (all sisters) Lucy & Simon are both dehydrated as well - beginning to wonder if it's THIS bag of food????
                Sorry your baby is sick, 4A.

My baby is a dog BUT still our babies are our babies and we don't want them sick and suffering....

Comment

• I've started into my next lego creation, called the Globe, it's exactly what it says on the tin
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Deanie - you are so right- thank you. What type of dog? Breed, boy or girl? Name??? how old. Don't get me started!!! ha! Dan has a JRT --- girl? I believe....

Comment

• GIS! how long will something like that take to make? Nice indoor project! pictures to follow I hope

Comment

• Here it is:-
                        This one is approx 2500 pieces, will take approx 7 hours
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Dan has a JRT --- girl? I believe....
                          We actually have two dogs. Our JRT (Jack Russell Terrorist) mix is a boy, Dexter. He just turned 7 and is started to get some gray on his face. My wife is in denial about him getting gray. We also have a Lab/Dachshund mix who is 13 or 14. We inherited her from a cousin of mine who passed away a few years ago. My couson named her Bear, which seems to be more of a boy's name for a dog. My cousin also overfed her with people food and she was terribly overweight, as was my cousin. Bear has slimmed way down now, but her joints and internal organs suffered from the misplaced love. Not sure how much longer she'll be around.

sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Bless it for Bear.... livin' her life with you now must feel good to her. Lab/Dachshund?? now there's a story there somewhere, ha! How kind of you. DEXTER! ok ... I just remember seeing a picture - too cute, as they are (JRT) only 7? Sherri, my sister in MI - dog Woofie lived until last year she was 17! Such a good girl. Thanks for the info.
                            Not sure what Lab/Weenie dog would look like - pictures? of both?

Comment

• Gis, whoa --- the patience you must have (bad weather helps too) ... great job!

Comment

• pouting ... my Cotton attacked me for the 2nd time in 4 days. Last Fall it was so bad I had to see an orthopedic & I still can't put weight n my R knee. Started about a year ago ... but it's becoming more frequent WITHOUT reason. Have a Vet appointment tomorrow - last Fall the Vet said it's "stud tail" .... well - something's gotta give. He stalks me ... dominates the area I'm in ... IDK - it's sad, stressful & ahhh yeah painful!

Comment

Working...
                                X