No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love to read into the night - when a book is so good u hate to put it down!
    Me? My face/eye/ear/jaw/head thing is acting up. ALWAYS after a hair appointment—it’s that damn sink! Trigeminal neuralgia is very painful & not easily treated [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The only picture I've seen of you 4A was one taken in New York and you had beautiful long wavy hair, can you not just shampoo it in the shower? I know crouching over the hair salon sink is agony for me, I can't do the backward thing as it hurts my neck so what I usually do is shampoo the day of the appointment for cutting and I don't have to be washed there. The only problem being if I decide to have a perm then that requires using the arrangement at the hair salon. Sorry for your pain, hope it disappears soon.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Oh yes well ... I still have long hair the blonde is why I see my hairdresser... and as if on que rinsing out - that sink hurts my neck. We were hit (rear ended) by a taxi in NYC several years ago. I had a bad case of whiplash & had six weeks of physical therapy which to me did nothing but that’s what was offered and that’s what I took and I still hurt to this day... things like the sink at the hairdresser, sneezing, brushing my teeth , eating anything hard, chewing gum, it all acts up....I re- injured the area 2 years ago ..... So the trigeminal neuralgia diagnosis was made. oh it’s been a ride —- sorry to complain. [emoji30]

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 18-05-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Complaining in writing is fine, saves the vocal chords - If we hurt we're allowed to complain and I certainly sympathize - that's good about forums, you can have your say and we can all wish you better. Maybe one day the neuralgia will go away by itself, here's hoping for your sake.

I'm doing my usual nightly round of this and Facebook and the Scrabble type game I play with our son, plus it's nice to talk without having to say anything!

Wishing you well 4A - hope you have a good weekend.

Comment

• Thanks Mo.
            hope everyone is having a nice long weekend....
            [emoji631]Memorial Day[emoji631]

Comment

• We had our long weekend last week, hope your Memorial Day was interesting. Just checking the forum before heading to bed.

Comment

• I’m sorry I didn’t know. We stayed at home - inside [emoji631]

Comment

• 4A sorry to hear about your pain....I have constant pain in my back and have started with yoga and going to see a chiropractor. But my chiropractor does what is called upper cervical...no cracking, they use a sound wave to adjust the atlas bone and then some traction for my SI and back issues. Not sure if there is someone in your area that does that type of chiro but it has helped me tremendously!

Comment

• I used to go to the chiropractor for ultra sound on my back and then he told me that there was nothing more he could do for me as what I had was chronic - he's now retired and I would have had to stop going anyway, it was a flight of nineteen steep steps up to his office and I don't think I could manage that now, knees complain.

Comment

• I've been somewhat out of circulation here for the last week and a half. My wife had knee replacement surgery on her right knee the Monday before Memorial Day weekend. She is recuperating very well as far as I'm concerned. She'll likely get the other one after summer's over. I don't feel like I'm old enough to be married to somebody who needs a knee replacement, but more and more "younger" people seem to be getting it done.
                      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I think knee problems don't necessarily happen to old people, although I'm old enough to have creaky knees, luckily no need of surgery so far. So Dan you can relax - you're still a young(ish) man.

Comment

• Wishing your wife a speedy recovery, Dan.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Ditto what Mo said. Hope she’s around & about soon Dan.
                            Deanie I hear yoga is very good for many things! [emoji1317]

Comment

• Sitting in my jammies - all ready for bed once I've checked out the forums.

Comment

• What are you doing?

We do the same thing before we sleep!
                                This is a big week for Nashville!!! The CMA festival! I know we need the rain but I hate for it to ruin the fun downtown. We used to go every year but now .....eh
                                Then next week is the dreaded Bonnoroo. Too crowded, different crowd, not my style of music & there’s always a problem or 10!

Comment

Working...
                                X