No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Mo. I see it in my parents. They too were aerating - weed & feeing their yard last weekend. We'll go down & power wash their driveway & whatever else we can help with. mom still wants to do it by herself - well maybe WHEN she wants to do it. We find that us scheduling time isn't really her thing. If it can't be when she wants it - she goes ahead by herself. Dad's "Honey do list" is a lot! And he's had 6 back surgeries and a knee replacement last year.... & at 76 is still trying to get it completed. There's so much Spring work to be done. I'm glad you have found someone ... watch over them & give direction to. They're 20 something years older than us & DO WAY MORE THAN WE COULD EVER DO!

Comment

• Our blacktop driveway looks like it has measles and I couldn't figure out what caused it - looked like a little animal had been running up and down it. Dawned on me that it was to do with the ice melter we had sprinkled on it when the ice was coating the driveway and it was difficult to walk on it. Bought some super ecologically manufactured ice melter from Amazon and the darn stuff has lifted the colour off the blacktop where it landed!

I know what you mean YB when there are jobs to be done and you want to do them but have trouble getting up the energy to tackle them. I need to wash the outside of the bay windows and have a bottle of window washer which attaches to the hose but each day I think, well it is still April and we could still have lots of rain. It's not a difficult job to do and I can sit down while I use the hose but I stall at the thinking.

Comment

• Oh No... never would have thought of that Mo. Here our brine will bleach out the roads, and your car, etc.... until a good washing - but we suspect it damages the paint really. It's another beautiful day ... we're supposed to go to the Garden Center - I need ferns, petunias, lantana, a fuchsia, potting soil & OH TOMATOES!!!!!!!

Comment

• Just reading a book called The Moor, set in north east England, writer is LJ Ross, wanted YB to have a look at her books if he hasn't yet done so. They are detective mysteries using the same characters and I have to say she has become a favourite writer of mine. Great plots, some spine chilling ones, well worth the read. I have read about five of her books and they are all good. The latest takes place around a travelling circus.

Comment

• NOTHING... raining.

This weekend there's a lot going on! MAY 4 - May the 4th be with you! Our counties "Old Timer's" Day Parade ... The KY Derby!
            May 5th Happy Cinco de Mayo!
            May 6th our 28th anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
              Just reading a book called The Moor, set in north east England, writer is LJ Ross, wanted YB to have a look at her books if he hasn't yet done so. They are detective mysteries using the same characters and I have to say she has become a favourite writer of mine. Great plots, some spine chilling ones, well worth the read. I have read about five of her books and they are all good. The latest takes place around a travelling circus.
              Sorry Mo, only just seen this. I have read Holy Island, Sycamore Gap and Heavenfield by this author. I liked them but probably not enough to be on the edge of my seat waiting for new ones to be released. I'll have to check with the library to see if these newer ones are available

Comment

• I think some of them are maybe a bit more exciting than others, I get each one as it comes out - the Kindle version - don't read 'real' books anymore'

I've been playing Words on Facebook with our son, he uses a lot of words I've never even heard of, there must be a special dictionary for this game, it's just like Scrabble. He's out at the airport with son Kyle, who is flying back to Edmonton tonight after a visit in Yellowknife. He leaves for Germany and his summer job on May 10th, something in the research field. He's a brainy young man.

Doc visit with Dave today, cardiologist, all as well as can be expected, has arranged his cardio visits for every two months now, instead of just a couple of times a year, have to keep the fluid from building up as he has the Congestive Heart Failure tendency, so very little salt in diet and also have to watch his potassium stays in the normal range. All very technical and he gets really fed up with the himself but it's the medication that's keeping him going. All very taxing on both of us. I am so thankful for forums and Facebook and, of course, books are my escape into another realm.

Comment

• Mo I think you ARE word savvy. Thank u for the update on hubby!! I hope they have him on Vaso dilators/ ACE inhibitors and/or diuretics.... Great to see ur children I’m sure. U always look forward to seeing My parents!

Happy Cinco de Mayo & yes we had margaritas for lunch!!! (Although we KNOW September 16 is the “real” party! [emoji895] [emoji1166] [emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just having a look around the forums before heading to bed. Have been reading mostly this evening, mostly 1900's sagas in Britain and keep wondering about the terrible poverty at that time, at least I think civilization has made some strides and governments have tried to address poverty to a certain extent but I'm sure there are still thousands at the lower end of the scale who don't have proper housing or medical care or food to eat.

Comment

• Mo I haven't been reading... I have 6-7 books that I've just stopped little way into.

Today is our 28th anniversary ... Kevin brought this home... (how are yours doing Mo?)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Happy Anniversary, lovely plant, hope you had a really nice day. My orchid is still going strong, as are two other flowering house plants, and the bowl of pansies outside in shades of blue and purple are enjoying the warmer weather. Watched some tennis, did some housey type chores, a bit of reading, and now checking the forums to see what's happening, oh, also listened to the news and was a bit perturbed when I saw that a fighting force aircraft carrier is headed to Iraqi waters, don't much like the sound of that. No more wars please.

Comment

• We’re doing Mother’s Day today. The weather isn’t nice — today or tomorrow— tho it will be nice to see my mom! She’ll cook ... we’ll gather & it WILL be nice!
                          Happy[emoji253]Mother’s [emoji253]Day to all the moms on TBJ!

Comment

• Just drowsing my way through the forum before bed.

Comment

• Wishing u a good night then Mo.

Comment

• Early to bed tonight, stayed up too long last night reading, paid for the lack of sleep time today.

Comment

Working...
                                X