No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, muggy humid - hot but pretty out. Gotta do errands today ... did I say it was hot?

Comment

• wow two beautiful days ... rained hard for a few minutes last night & we needed it! But today, pretty. (hot & humid tho)

Comment

• It’s National Sisters Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What are you doing?

Not much. What about y’all?
          It has just dawned on me that we have 3 1/2 months till the holiday season!!![emoji884][emoji132][emoji319][emoji1335][emoji1761][emoji320]

Comment

• Things are slow ... we took down our Shark Week yard decorations. We're working on shoes for the 80th Wizard of Oz. It's fun!

Comment

• Last week we talked my mother into moving to a senior living community that has care for residents with dementia/Alzheimers. Since my dad died in 2010 we've been trying to get her to move in with us or my brother and his wife. She never would. She wanted to stay in her house. In May my wife had knee replacement surgery and we learned she has advanced (as in her bones are those of a person 15 -20 years older) osteoporosis. The doctor said even a sudden moderately hard twist of a limb or her back could cause damage. Two weeks after learning that, my mom took a turn for the worse and was hospitalized twice in June. She has been declining mentally and physically. She can't keep her checking account straight, or write checks properly, she can't remember how to use her computer or cell phone, she's afraid to cook or even heat anything in the microwave, she's afraid to shower, she wasn't even able to get up and down off the toilet without help. Physical therapy has helped to a degree, but bottom line, she can't live by herself anymore, she can no longer drive, and she needs someone with her pretty much 24/7. NOW she wants to move in with us, but with my wife's newly discovered osteoporosis, we're seriously worried they could both end up with broken bones if Mom takes a fall and my wife tries to catch/help her. So now the senior living dementia care has become, at least for now, the most affordable (but very expensive) option.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Nice, muggy humid - hot but pretty out. Gotta do errands today ... did I say it was hot?
                You've already received 10 demerits for posting TV remarks in the Summer Sports thread, so we'll let these weather reports in the What Are You Doing? thread slide...this time!
                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Dan, I'm sorry about your Mom and your wife's advanced osteoporosis.

Many of us have faced or will face what you are having to go through with your Mom. Sometimes circumstances dictate the solution and it's not what we want but it is what we have to accept. I pray it goes well for your Mom and your wife also.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Dan ... now come on .... I was just saying that it was muggy on the day that I had to do errands that’s “what I was doin” [emoji846]

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 09-08-2019, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Dan I am so sorry to hear of your wife’s osteoporosis... I hope she gets on the medications she needs, therapy (education) and she has YOU there to help. Yes, the 3 girls have decided to let our parents “ rotate” between us when the time comes. Wow what a difficult time coming up for us all. [emoji30]My parents are 75 & my Dad has chronic pain & a touch of dementia (that we don’t acknowledge)... the pain meds have taken over most of his personality over the last several years. My Mom isn’t anywhere near to that point! Your mother is lucky she has BOTH of you. Plz keep us posted.

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 09-08-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• [emoji1309] Happy Book Day! [emoji172][emoji432][emoji172]

Comment

• Dan sorry to hear about your difficult decision with your mom's situation. Prayers for strength for you, Dani and the rest of the fam.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          [emoji1309] Happy Book Day! [emoji172][emoji432][emoji172]

4A, what book are you reading for 'book day'?

I have transferred to the building department after nearly 15 years at the police department. I'm loving this new position! Everyone has been really nice and helpful, I've met plenty of new people in the community since I'm working the front desk, and it's WAY less stressful.
                          Last edited by Meg; 15-08-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Glad you're enjoying your new job and that it is less stressful, Meg. Less stress is always good.

Comment

• Meg: thank u for asking. Gwen Hunter’s DELAYED DIAGNOSIS..... this is good! So far a TRUE medical thriller! There are 5
                              What about u? Y’all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                                Glad you're enjoying your new job and that it is less stressful, Meg. Less stress is always good.
                                Oh so true!! Don't realize how stressed you are until you get away from it...and then it makes life feel like heaven. I'm enjoying work, meeting new people, and I enjoy my time off more too...since I'm not worried about work. All around a great move.

Comment

Working...
                                X