• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Moon 10.28.19 - SPOILER

woo-hoo!

Started this today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you enjoy it. Fours. Santa will be bringing my copy so I won't be looking at this topic until the end of the year

Comment

[emoji1304] I’ll wait awhile til I get into the WHY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Does it feel like Reacher is getting tired of being alone? In the book, he clearly is not ready to settle down in one place, but he invites Abby, who's young enough to be his daughter, to hit the road with him at the end. Maria Shevik asks him if he's interested in getting married and he says it's a 50/50 proposition, implying that he might be, but the other party needs to be willing. That's how I interpreted it, at least.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Yes... I thought that too Dan. Also - in the last book? wasn't he preoccupied by woman in Oregon/Washington? And I was like ? when did THIS happen? This book was just not realistic to me. And too many dead, plz.

Comment

SPOILER --- SPOILER ---SPOILER

Is it me or did every character in this book have the same speech pattern/thought process as Reacher??? A large part of Reacher's uniqueness is the way he thinks/analyzes and actually speaks. This sets him apart. I found that virtually every character (friends and foes) in this book seemed to do the same. UGH.

Thoughts?

Comment

Good point! And this had SO MUCH description ... it was a put off. As I've said before - I'd like him to do a flashback. Reacher is younger bolder - more Reacher. And I like when the old crew get together.

Comment

It's just not you, Style. I was of the same opinon. This was not one of my favorites.

Comment

Reading between the lines it seems that most of you were less than impressed by this book. I liked it, my only criticism was that it seemed to end abruptly.

I thought the first dozen or so Reacher books were excellent, then there was a period of "OK" but I think the last few have been very good

Comment

As I've stated several time : I wish LC would do a Reacher "Flash Back" so he would be younger & somewhat reckless with his usual outcome. I'd like the "old Crew" to get together in a book too.

Comment

I take on board the comments about being over descriptive but I don't think this is new for Blue Moon, it has always been a feature of the Reacher books, its Lee's writing style. Plus lots of other authors I read seem to do the same. It's as though the publisher has told them they need to write 400 page stories so that the customer gets "value for money". So they write a 300 page story and then pad it out to make 400.

It's a bit like TV programmes, sometimes we watch say a six part series and at then end Mrs YB says "It was good but they could have easily condensed it to four episodes"

Comment

Working...
                        X