3 things on your "list" yeah, that list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 things on your "list" yeah, that list

I wish I could speak a different language fluently. (French, Spanish... Lakota???)
    I'd like to play piano.
    I'd like to be able to sign.

ALL easily accomplished - lazy me.

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    I wish I could speak a different language fluently. (French, Spanish... Lakota???)
    I'd like to play piano.
    I'd like to be able to sign.

ALL easily accomplished - lazy me.
    None of those things are easy to do fluently. Sign language seems the easiest. First I thought you meant a bucket list, but these things aren't bucket list things, these are more life style oriented.

I'd like to live in one of the mountain states.
    I'd like to play banjo (maybe fiddle).
    I'd like to be independently wealthy.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Good Dan!
      No my top three bucket list things ...
      I’d like to see England Paris Rome — Egypt first class — (Kevin says Australia)I’d like to watch the Iditarod first class (the borealis too)
      I would like to travel South Dakota Wyoming Montana Idaho, Utah first class
      [emoji7][emoji3526][emoji6]
      And by first class i mean nice hotels see what I want(must see events/places) best restaurants etc... and of course a gift from each!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 04-09-2019, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Good Dan!
        No my top three bucket list things ...
        I’d like to see...the borealis too. I would like to travel South Dakota Wyoming Montana Idaho
        I got to see the Northern Lights when I was in Yellowstone one time about 20 years ago. Not the full on rippling curtain thing, but something less, like over a range of mountains from where I was, there was a giant TV on, and the flickering of the changing picture was projecting above the dark edge of the mountains.

Comment

Oh ha! Dan good one. I read Ridley Pearson’s Walt Fleming books which take place near Sun Valley... Blaine County. Near Hailey, Ketchum & Bald Mt etc. I’d like to see it. There really is a sheriff Walt FEMLING of Blaine County Idaho - he’s been on the forensic files that comes on headline news.
          I would also like to do a train ride through the Canadian Rockies in a train that has the see-through top.
          We also want to go to Scottsdale Arizona to Barrett Jackson and also to Las Vegas for the championship bull riding HA!
          And I have always wanted to see the reenactment of the Battle of Little Big Horn in Harding Montana.

Comment

Oh ha! Dan good one. I read Ridley Pearson’s Walt Fleming books which take place near Sun Valley... Blaine County. Near Hailey, Ketchum & Bald Mt etc. ...And I have always wanted to see the reenactment of the Battle of Little Big Horn in Harding Montana.
            Well, these are things you could do. I applied for a job in Hailey, ID back in the mid-90s. Didn't get it, but have visited there a few times. Three years ago I got to visit the Little Bighorn Battlefield, which was a bucket list thing for me for many years. AND I got to do it on my motorcycle!

Comment

I think lots and lots of money is the most important as this allows you to do things that you otherwise can't.

Years ago my wish was to travel to the US and then drive the full length of Route 66 from Chicago to California in a 1950's/60's pink Cadillac. Money prevented me from doing that.

My son lives in Australia, I have two Australian grandsons aged 5 and 2. I would love for them to visit the UK but lack of money ( me and him) prevent that. I have never seen them in the flesh and probably never will. The only consolation is that I can see them on Skype and Facetime, had they been born 20 years earlier I would have had to make do with still photos sent by mail

The things that I have the best chance of seeing/doing are various places around the UK that I have never visited. The Shetland Islands, Holy Island, the west coast of Wales are three of several places I would like to see. I have ticked a couple off my list recently, visiting Isle of Wight in June this year and Ireland in 2018

Comment

Sounds nice YB & I’ve heard of a few. Thank goodness for Skype / i’ve never used it not sure how I would look on one of those reverse camera things but it is great that you can see your grandchildren and hear them! I should probably limit the things I want to see too within the US so we can drive I do not like to fly- there for Australia too far, London Rome Paris too far. I think I’d like to see an original lighthouse I believe the oldest one is somewhere in Boston Kenny buck maybe maybe a bed-and-breakfast where you can wake up and look out the window and see it. [emoji848]
                Yes I do believe you and Dan called it money money money —- don’t worry so much about it right now but when we get older of course I will (& I already do)
                Damn that sounds like fun I guess you trailer your bike and then ride when you know there’s good sightseeing. Wow The reenactment has always been something I want to see. Lucky u!

Comment

Damn that sounds like fun I guess you trailer your bike and then ride when you know there’s good sightseeing. Wow The reenactment has always been something I want to see. Lucky u!
                  No, a long-time buddy and I rode from here in Southern California all the way to Montana and back on our two motorcycles. Nearly 3100 miles and 8 days. Saw some historic stuff I'd always wanted to see, like the Little Bighorn and Pompey's Pillar, we saw fantastic scenery, we had 105 degree heat crossing the Mojave Desert, we had rain and hail (and mild hypothermia) crossing the Beartooth Highway from Montana into Wyoming and down into Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, we stayed in hotels every night, ate out every meal, and had a great time!

Comment

Whilst the money issue is important it wouldn't solve all the problems, the main one being I definitely do not fancy a long haul flight. I could pay for my grandsons to visit me but no matter how many millions I had I couldn't bring Route 66 here

Comment

I got to visit Little Bighorn about 15 years ago when I drove out to see my dad in Idaho Falls, ID. Beautiful area of the country and there's a part of me that would love it...but then those winters make me rethink that!
                      I have quite a bucket list, or as I like to call it, a life goals list. I figure God gave us this earth to enjoy and I'd like to do that...as much as $$$ allows. Not in any particular order...
                      * Go skydiving....check
                      * Go white water rafting....check
                      * Dallas Cowboys home game....check (I also got to see them in Miami totally crush the Dolphins, but of course that isn't difficult )
                      * Swim with the dolphins
                      * Hike the Grand Canyon
                      * Camp at Yellowstone
                      * Visit Scotland (hopefully happening in 2020)
                      * Drive a racecar
                      * See the Northern Lights
                      * Go rock climbing
                      * Hike the Appalachian Trail
                      ....I could go on but I'll stop now

Comment

Oooh good list. My BIL did the drive a race car thing for his 45th at Talledega. Yes that should be something that you should accomplish!! Quite awesome! Scotland is there any particular reason why Scotland? I’ve seen the Grand Canyon don’t really have any particular want to hike it or to hike. And of course we’ve all been to the smoky mountains around here. Yay we both have the northern lights or the Aurora Borealis don’t we think that’s just beautiful !
                        My mom has always wanted to go to Holland to see all the tulips they have and also go to the Rose Bowl Parade .. HA! ( speaking of beautiful)

Comment

Working...
                        X