Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle

Well I've finally decided to "buy into" the Audible by Amazon. It's 14.99 a month with 3 books a month ONE they choose for you and TWO that I get to choose - I can trade or send back, etc. and the books ARE MINE ... I've really struggled with doing this or not. I know that I fall asleep when I listen to books so WHAT will I be mossing in the story if I do? Also ... If I stayed with the normal pattern I WOULD be buying at least 2 books a month, prolly. Currently I'm so backed up on purchases there are so many out there ....
    THEN THE SHOCKER... my Kindle does not have a headphone jack... I had to uy an adapter, WTH.
    Does anyone know if it will come book form & I'll just be able to click on the headphone icon? Will I be able to see the words? - to know WHERE to "rewind" to?

I know nothing about Audible...simply because my mind 'drifts' while listening to a book. I listened to the same CD about 5 times while trying to listen to A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I finally gave it up and read the book!

Comment

I've never considered audio books. My hearing is not good so would be a waste of time for me.

Comment

All my audio books are on iTunes.
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I'm sooooo behind on my Kindle!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            I'm sooooo behind on my Kindle!
            You're juuuuust getting ready to start INTO THE YELLOWSTONE, right?

Comment

No that was the last book I read on it! I had a few on it when I downloaded your book which was very late in reading my apologies and I loved absolutely loved that book I have probably 10 books that I need to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait! I did read WIN … I’m gonna settle in tonight & re read this book. Fathers Day … my dad would have enjoyed this this book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't rave enough about Into the Yellowstone. I've read it 3 times now. I have so many questions. Just keep hoping for a sequel.

Comment

Can't rave enough about Into the Yellowstone. I've read it 3 times now. I have so many questions. Just keep hoping for a sequel.
                    Aww, thanks! Can you say that in a review on Amazon, lol! If you do, I will answer your questions.

Oh wait, I forgot you already did that. Sorry. Okay, what are your questions?
                    Last edited by Dan M.; 09-06-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Isn't there going to be a sequel?????

Comment

Isn't there going to be a sequel?????
                        Yes. Wow, that was easy.

Comment

I know that's what I mean ... I already asked about a sequel - I'm just waiting to see if questions are answered THEN. -- haha! I figured one out - the cell phone question : WHY didn't they use them? I guess the reception?

Comment

I know that's what I mean ... I already asked about a sequel - I'm just waiting to see if questions are answered THEN. -- haha! I figured one out - the cell phone question : WHY didn't they use them? I guess the reception?
                            Yellowstone is a terrible place for cell phone users. It's so big and has so many topographical interferences with cell phone signals that, unless you're at a lodge with wifi, you have very few choices. It's funny though, I was on a backpacking trip with 5 other guys to a very remote part of Yellowstone called Fairyland Basin (Google it), miles and miles off trail in the backcountry, way down in the bottom of a canyon, and one of the guys was able to get a signal and make a call. Ha! Go figure! I can't imagine what this flooding is doing to Fairyland.

Comment

My Kindle has died... I think .... it's charged everything is there BUT it won't change screens once I click on the book I want. hmmmmm. I was going to go back and re-read Acceptable Risk by Robin Cook - it was good!
                              Dan: of course the BIG questions WHAT happened? Where'd they go - was McCreary able to see him family - and the stories he must have told! and with his new found "ability to see into the future" - could have been some money in that!? and what of War Wolf - did he get back - and in the correct time? And how did the professor get "away" .... oh so many thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                              X