Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Past Tense - ***SPOILERS***

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Yep. I agree? What do u think of the news about a TV series Jack Reacher???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Bum
    Fav Author
    Child, Crais, Koontz
    I'm still like 75 on the hold list at the library!
    TV show?

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    yeah Meg. Lee Child actually said they were "looking" for suggestions for the lead. He admitted that TC wasn't a good choice (to the exact description of the character)- and the fans really didn't like it. Whaaaaaaa. I thought I posted about it on TBJ.... can't find it.

Junior
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    The idea of Reacher in a TV series is good. However I doubt I'll see it, I don't subscribe to Netflix or similar. I can find more than enough to watch on UK's "free" TV, not prepared to pay extra, never have done

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    The "who should play Reacher is still pottering along on Facebook and I asked to be excused - I didn't have a clue as to who the people were that were being suggested.

Beach Bum
    Fav Author
    Child, Crais, Koontz
    Finished a few days ago...I thought it progressed nicely. However, I guessed both "mysteries" about halfway through. Criminal Minds episode is why I new what was going to be happening to Patty and Shorty.
    About his father...the description of the boys by the birdwatcher gave it away.

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    However, I guessed both "mysteries" about halfway through. Criminal Minds episode is why I new what was going to be happening to Patty and Shorty.
    Same here, only the classic short story "The Most Dangerous Game" was the first thing I thought of. After that, "The Hunger Games" was what I thought of. I would've liked to see a more extended version of Reacher sneaking around wreaking havoc on the hunters in the woods, more like THG, but I was satisfied. I hope we get something more detailed on Stan in future writings though, or even some of these evil Reachers.

Stephen Hunter has his Bob Lee Swagger and Earl (Bob Lee's father) Swagger series, but he also has a semi-standalone book following the fate of an illegitimate son of Earl. Kind of a anti-Bob Lee story, titled "Dirty White Boys." Very well written, but this son, Lamar Pye, is a tragic character. Won't say more than that, but if you like the Swaggers, this one shouldn't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    About his father...the description of the boys by the birdwatcher gave it away.
    Yeah, there was about a half second of "Wait...what?" then on to reversed IDs.
    Last edited by Dan M.; 16-01-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Junior
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    You two, Meg & Dan are cleverer than me. I didn't work it out

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Has anyone else besides me not read Past Tense?