Books Are Essential For Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books Are Essential For Children

It is also important that children to know that books are useful source for information. We can live in a world where the similarity of electronic computers and mobile phones, computers, portable tools have become a source of entertainment source people, but they still need to read books.

Originally posted by janetimps View Post
    It is also important that children to know that books are useful source for information. We can live in a world where the similarity of electronic computers and mobile phones, computers, portable tools have become a source of entertainment source people, but they still need to read books.
    Couldn't agree more
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I remember having Trixie Beldon & Nancy Drew books when we were little. I don't remember the big ones you hear of now - that were favorites when people were young. COMIC books were big in our house. My favorite book that I can remember was a LIFE: The Sea. (early 70's) It's where my love for sharks started. I can still quote the story of the shark attack off San Fran in 1959. (boy my parents must have been proud -eh?)
      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys were always favorites of mine. Along with Little House on the Prairie.

Comment

i remember watching The Hardy Boys on TV... Shaun Cassidy was my FAV! Ah, 16 & Tiger Beat magazine posters on my walls, brought a smile to my face Meg!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            i remember watching The Hardy Boys on TV... Shaun Cassidy was my FAV! Ah, 16 & Tiger Beat magazine posters on my walls, brought a smile to my face Meg!
            I was a David Cassidy girl until I got into the Bay City Rollers mid 70s. I also read Tiger Beat and some other magazines of that ilk. Not all of the bands were known here in Australia so it was all exciting and confusing to me. Archie comics were a favourite too.

Comment

I had posters all over my walls growing up...of animals & New Kids on the Block. I'm still an animal lover, but what the heck was I thinking with NKOTB!?!

Comment

what a confession. Mine was KISS. (this after the Shaun Cassidy thing) Can you imagine? One of my older sisters used to bring her friends into my room just to show them the posters, like 100+ I can't believe my parents allowed it. It was tasteful … 8X10 around the top like a border ha-ha! then the really big ones … you couldn't even see the wallpaper.

Comment

what a confession. Mine was KISS. (this after the Shaun Cassidy thing) Can you imagine? One of my older sisters used to bring her friends into my room just to show them the posters, like 100+ I can't believe my parents allowed it. It was tasteful … 8X10 around the top like a border ha-ha! then the really big ones … you couldn't even see the wallpaper.
                  Let's not think of the scrapbooks with everything we could find in the newspapers etc and the clothing we bought.

Comment

Books Are Essential For Children

In high school the big thing was Levi's with the white patch on the butt & penny loafers . Aigner was the most expensive thing we'd heard of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah, to quote Thomas Jefferson " I can not live without books!" reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown & goal I read until 1am … can't put this thing down! (yes, I missed the meteor shower- but was awake & aware it was going on)

Comment

Working...
                      X