Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not a rant, just sharing worrying news

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Mo so sorry to hear all of this. I just didn't think about you not knowing the store layout. I guess because I go 1-2 times a week. I wonder if the store has a layout on the internet? OR if you have a smart phone you cold take a picture of what you need, size amount? that's a lot too though? Funny I tell Kevin ok... 3rd iles over looking towards the back shoulder high on the left almost to the end. Then I send him picture.ha-ha.

Your husband sounds a lot like my dad. He's snappy, confrontational, short ... interrupts so he can talk (because he says he'll forget if he doesn't). this just in the last 4 years or so??? He's 75. And I blame the LYRICA. I hate that he takes it. My mom just goes about doing whatever & we see it. He doesn't of course. I'm 51 & I finally said something back to him last year & it still bothers me. BUT ... it's NOT right - & it's NOT how we want to remember him.
    sad... I wish you luck & patients. I don't think he means it - just lives totally "in that moment". meaning my dad OR your hubby.....

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Thanks 4A - Dave is 87 and life isn't as easy for him as it used to be, so between the two of us we're a couple of old crocks but thankfully we have peaceful days when we're both doing o.k. Sheila is a lot better but gets tired easily, but she went over to the grocery store with her Dad today and between them they picked up the weekly groceries (I had a smile because she and her Dad get going when he gets pernickety) but it was fine. She has gone down for a rest - she has to go to a walk-in clinic to get her stitches out, the Emergency Dept. doc said just to go to a walk-in clinic when it's time for them to come out - had to look up the Internet to see when the time for them to come out was! Seemed a wee bit offhand. The nurse across the street would have done it but she's not too well and didn't want to attempt it.

Fav Author
    Oh yeah once youíve taken sutures out itís like riding a bike. 7-10 days
    Good Iím glad to hear sheís better. Getting better. And she can take the reigns when the two of u need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Yes, each day she seems a bit more energetic. Has an appointment with a neurologist in September to check up on the brain waves, strange ailment is epilepsy, so maybe no more seizures for another 20 years and maybe none at all. Let's hope so.

Fav Author
    OK. Have had enough of this BS by the CBFord & the committee ...... I do not believe her accounts.... ACCOUNT of the events. If it were anyone else YOU KNOW someone would say "well if she'd lie about flying she'd lie about what else?????" No corroborating evidence. NONE! TOO many holes, please. He said SHE said....practice WHAT you preach ... (she's a psychologist --- but NOT legally licensed in CA!!!!!) didn't convince me... a "baby talker" one minute & arrogant the next. 35 years?
    IMO, & it's just that. my opinion.

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Sorry 4A, but I disagree, I thought Kavanaugh was an arrogant fib teller. Many people who went to school with him have come forward and said that he was a mean and beligerent drunk. He didn't sound like the kind of person who should be on the highest Court in the land, the Supreme Court is supposed to be apolitical and he was raving on about the Democrats. Do you really want a Judge who has trouble controlling his temper making life changing decisions? I watched the whole eight hours of testimony and couldn't believe that I was watching real life drama, not something put together for television. As it is right now, it is a 'he said, she said' situation unless the FBI finds anything different. Will just have to wait and see. Whatever happens it affects the US - how do you like President Trump telling his supporters that he and Kim Jung Un 'fell in love'? That's worth at least a smile. Sorry that we don't agree but I'm just an outsider looking in. No insult to you intended 4A.

Fav Author
    Mo. No worries. I did think he was a little emotional - but I CANT IMAGINE what he & his wife/kids/parents are going through. Funny you didn't mention the disgrepancies in her testimony. She's almost laughable ... in the way things are represented. I see that some said he drank in college ... I think most of college folks do.? But this was before college ... you know I've never felt the time lines were right anyway. That's just me looking in ... I don't know of many folks that can't say ouch about something they did way back when. (not including these allegations)
    Clinton smoked pot, Obama did coke, Cory Booker assaulted someone, Sharpton won't pay taxes, Kennedy killed someone, etc....
    ---just examples I know it goes both ways ----
    I like that Trump speaks "like the people" sometimes. Then at times he's way over my head. In other words he thinks they're fine. I'd say something like that -
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 01-10-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    Quote Originally Posted by momckee View Post
    ...but I'm just an outsider looking in.
    Not anymore, Mo! Trump has brought you in with his new NAFTA deal!
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Dan, the NAFTA deal is gone, now USMCA, he wanted the one deal gone and got his way by the name changed. Now USMCA.

I just hope it's a good deal for both countries, the US and Canada should be able to get along, so am pleased that an agreement has been reached.

I too feel sorry for Mrs. Kavanaugh and her children.

4A - I also feel sorry for Dr. Ford, she wanted her concern to be anonymous, but it didn't happen that way.
    Last edited by momckee; 01-10-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Fav Author
    Yes I saw about USMCA deal. I hope itís good for all involved.
    Ford maybe got screwed by the DNC on that. ?
    Itís an odd story that doesnít have a place front & center IMO it REALLY takes away from other sexual assaults TRUE assaults again IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk