No announcement yet.

Not a rant, just sharing worrying news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave just purchased today what they call a scooter but it’s just a four wheel electric motor cart which you sit in and ride on the sidewalk. He’ll be able to go to the library or the stores and just sightsee which should brighten his day.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
      Dave just purchased today what they call a scooter but it’s just a four wheel electric motor cart which you sit in and ride on the sidewalk. He’ll be able to go to the library or the stores and just sightsee which should brighten his day.
      I bet it will! Good for him!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Oh how wonderful! A scooter! And sounds like a lot is local ... this is good [emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to buy a ride on buggy for the golf due to my upcoming total knee replacement, it has it's drawbacks

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Gis, I hope your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. When is it scheduled?

Comment

Yeah, me too. When? which knee? do u have an “after plan”?
              Much luck to u [emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of everything to folks having knee surgery, hope it goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                  Gis, I hope your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. When is it scheduled?
                  Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  Yeah, me too. When? which knee? do u have an “after plan”?
                  Much luck to u
                  In the UK we have the NHS, normally there is a waiting list of approx 12 weeks for consultation and then surgery etc
                  I'm expecting to be taken in middle of October.
                  My right knee has had 6 operations so far in my lifetime, soccer injury and mostly arthroscopy type ops for cartilage repairs but i did have a lateral release where they released the tension on my exterior ligaments.

However, the total knee replacement should take care of the constant pain i'm in.

After care will be physio etc and generally building up the muscle above and below the knee to relieve stress

Comment

Best of luck Gis! PT will be tough but well worth it.

Comment

Gis, thanks for the update. Yes, I have heard of the "waiting times" in other countries. Ouch. I too had a tendon/muscle "lengthening"... wow. I was 20? It was my R hip... it's called Snapping Hip Syndrome. Painful! and loud! You could here the muscle snap over my hip joint across the room with every step. Odd since this mostly happens with professional dancers - and I was 15 when it started. I have a 3" scar like a hernia repair there... fixed the pain but the popping hasn't ever gone away fully.
                      Anyway! I hope things go well for you & no severe pain while you wait. Keep us posted! My Dad had a knee replacement last year & up & around the next weekend without any assistance (not smart). He was good - so was my friend after her last fall & my MIL ...

Oh... luv the pic! hahaha

Comment

I really do not understand the severe protesting going on these days. Blocking streets, entryways, vulgar slurs & signs, throwing items to harm, fighting, worse! Are they too young, too ME ME ME, not educated enough, no one to learn from - look up to? It's a mob mentality. Leaves me wondering if most of them even know WHY they are there or WHAT they're protesting? Sad really. These days people can't seem to have their own opinion without violence.
                        And these fights in fast food places? What in the world! Shameful.

Comment

Went BACK to the Pulmonologist today for a Pulmonary Function Test & chest CT. I STILL have this awful chest tightness, throat tightness, gasping etc. blah blah since LAST year-right? ... I didn't care for him the first time we met - a suggestion from my long time GI to see this guy - so ok. But today when he started his .... horrible bedside manner - I just said politely: you know we don't get along - so I appreciate the studies but I'll just tell(the GI doctor)to just NOT ... got my things & left. It's not worth it he's a PRICK - and I don't have time for that. I have been working CLOSELY with doctors since I was 15 ... 1983... I am THAT NURSE. So today I just TIPPED! Nope , not for me. I sent an email to my Internist & they will help from here on out and MORE doctors I'm sure - but not that Prick. .... oooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!)
                          Last edited by 4AMNTN; 21-10-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that 4, it's bad enough that you are ill but worser that you don't have the confidence with this particular person, fingers crossed for the future

Comment

Mrs YB had a similar experience with a medic many years ago, basically saying "there is nothing wrong". I think probably 99% of these people are fine - but there's a bad apple in every barrel. Hope you find a good one. Fours

Comment

I had an OB/GYN with a horrible bedside manner. Turns out it wasn't just me being emotional...my cousin didn't like him either. Found another who was absolutely fantastic. Hope you get someone who will listen to you, find a solution and get you back to health. I know I seem to take health for granted.

Comment

Working...
                                X