No announcement yet.

Summer sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the kneeling thing would maybe have been better understood if the people kneeling had made it known at the beginning why it was that they were kneeling and what they were protesting.

"According to analysis by the Washington Post, black people in America are two and a half times more likely to be shot and killed by police than white Americans. Far too often, people of color are dying at the hands of law enforcement personnel in the streets, our jails, and their homes. Indictments are rare and convictions are essentially nonexistent."

Picked this off Facebook, so I guess this is what the message is.
    Last edited by momckee; 07-09-2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Well ... IMO I'm sure SOME arrests go bad - who's at fault? If your a cop you DO YOUR JOB. If your being arrested - if you disagree with it - you're to TAKE IT UP WITH THE JUDGE. I wouldn't want to be harassed, spit on, cussed at, talked back to, beaten, etc..... for DOING MY JOB. And NO ... brutality is not answer.
      For a population of 13% crimes committed by that 13% are at 52%.
      IF Kaper-nic-sux- had talent it's been put aside for his FAULTS now on the field & off. I'm so sick of race baiters - sick to the point of sensitive. Got bored with football when the Titans continued to sux & now ... there IS NO REASON to watch.

In comes SOCCER!!!!

Comment

Glad I don't watch football, however, soccer can be rough but it's a much faster game, no waiting and counting downs, just 90 minutes of kicking, running, hopefully goals, usually lots of penalty kicks, sometimes yellow cards for penalties, red cards for the more serious penalties, but exciting to watch if it's a good team, two 45 minute periods. If I have some of the info wrong YB and Gis will put it straight and my apologies for mistakes. 4A you'll be having your own home team soon?

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Style: u agree with the kneeling thing?
          Gis like me, u do not?
          Am I reading that right? No offense just couldn’t tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I don't have any issue with players kneeling. I don't believe they are in any way trying to disrespect the veterans, flag, or country. They have a platform that most of us don't have and I don't have any issue with them using it to get their message across. Each of us can choose to recognize or ignore it. I stand and sing the anthem (and my father was an officer in the Navy), but I have no issue with others doing as they like. I think people can show patriotism in many different ways.
          Last edited by Style; 07-09-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

[emoji1305][emoji1303][emoji1319]

Comment

Today at 10:15 CMT Red Bull Cliff Diving from Mostar Bonsia, Herzegovina. ONLY ONE location after today. 9.23. 18. Italy

Comment

Serena Williams lost the US Grand Slam final to Naomi Osaka. Unfortunately Naomi's victory was marred by Serena having a big argument with the umpire who had handed out three violations to Serena, one to her coach who was gesturing from the audience, once for smashing her racket and one for calling the umpire a liar. Not a pretty ending to the game. Naomi was in tears, having won by a stronger game and then hearing the partisan crowd booing the umpire. Sad!

Comment

I was shocked when I saw the footage last night Mo. It clearly shows her coaching giving "signals". == but to drag in I'm a woman, (u never call out men)I have a daughter & DEMANDING an apology.. what????? Ego Much?

Comment

Apparently her behaviour in tournaments quite often gets her in trouble - she's the women's equivalent to John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors who were always causing trouble on the tennis coiurts back in bygone days. Bad manners and aggressive. I will watch some of the women's matches but not Williams, just caught it on telly just before the awards ceremony and I was surprised to see young Osaka was the winner, I had seen her in the semi final against Madison Keyes and she is a really strong player. Williams had been her idol - I wonder how she feels about her now.

Comment

Summer sports

Sad for the winner—yep.
                      Mo I remember watching McEnroe & Conners ha!

Comment

And there you have it, the tennis governing body actually supports Williams on her latest outburst, if anyone ever pulls out the racist card they are immediately surrounded by people who toe the party line to fend off the actual underlying problem.
                        Williams is a bully and a self serving individual who should be made an example of and certainly not supported in her quest against the world
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I agree

Comment

Yes, she plays well but her behavior needs some work, actually a lot of work. Behaviour aside, what's with the tutu outfit?

Comment

TONIGHT! Ahhh ahhh!
                              US men’s soccer vs Mexico in Nashville!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Yea! [emoji631]
                                I’m glad to see some expressing disagreement with this Serena thing. IMO she was a poor sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X