No announcement yet.

Summer sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Astros win tonight and bring this World Series to a close so the fans and players can get some rest. The games have been mind boggling for the most part.

Comment

Dodger fever is sweeping Los Angeles more today than the previous week altogether. Tonight is going to be crazy, whether the Boys in Blue win or not.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I'm already getting nervous about the game and it's only 3 PM. Yu Darvish will probably be non-hittable tonight since his last outing wasn't good. And if he was still playing for the Rangers I'd be happy for him.

Comment

Well we HAVE been approved for the soccer team here in Nashville. We will know if Nashville is actually chosen by this weekend!

Comment

YEP! It's official NASHVILLE IS THE 24th TEAM! I've got to figure out what this mess is all about, clueless.

Comment

Winter Olympics start FEBRUARY 8th!

Comment

GIS: are you watching the Red Bull Diving this year? June 2 was in TEXAS, USA. The next is June 30 from BILBAO, Spain. Like I said earlier, we're looking the iPad up to the TV via HMDi cable/ iPad port & watching it that way & NO COMMERCIALS!!!

Comment

OH my gosh! We just watched our FIRST ever soccer game. We watched Germany & Mexico then Brazil & Switzerland. Wow. Learned a lot by looking thing up on line as it happened. Did you hear of the small earthquake that the Mexican fans caused in Mexico City? Can you believe that! They do have great fans....

Comment

So...what we find weird is that ONE referee can add time on to the end of the game. 1-6 minutes I've read. And no one knows how much or if any..... this is beyond weird! I wouldn't want to be that guy at the end of a really big match - outside of the "pitch" alone on a dark night, haha!

Comment

WOW! I just looked and tickets for the 9.11.2018 US MNT v Mexico game here in Nashville will go on sale Tuesday! oh! tickets in the area we want are 225.00 a piece. Sounds like a Broadway show or Concert ticket price. 4 will be 1,000. Ouch! But we'll never go to another again. Well LOCAL, the Nashville team maybe. Watched Brazil v Costa Rica this morning. Brazil 2 -0.
                      Tomorrow morning Mexico v S. Korea. Then off to our favorite Mexican Restaurant to watch the ending for lunch! Since we moved out here it's the closest thing & good. We've been going 1-3 times a week for 5 years now, ha!

Comment

Because of the football world cup a lot of other events can be overlooked. Today, Saturday, England are playing New Zealand at Rugby League. The game is at the Mile High stadium, Denver Colorado. Starts at 9pm UK time, probably 2pm? local time. It is being shown on UK TV so I'll be watching. If it is on your TV why not give it a try?

I like Rugby League, started watching when I was 9 years old (and that's more than a few years ago

Comment

We’ve been wondering about that game as well. Thx! I’ll look it up![emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                            GIS: are you watching the Red Bull Diving this year? June 2 was in TEXAS, USA. The next is June 30 from BILBAO, Spain. Like I said earlier, we're looking the iPad up to the TV via HMDi cable/ iPad port & watching it that way & NO COMMERCIALS!!!
                            Will look it up
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                              So...what we find weird is that ONE referee can add time on to the end of the game. 1-6 minutes I've read. And no one knows how much or if any..... this is beyond weird! I wouldn't want to be that guy at the end of a really big match - outside of the "pitch" alone on a dark night, haha!
                              The time rule for football (soccer) is each half is a minimum of 45 minutes, any added time is due to players or teams deliberately wasting time to "run" down the clock.
                              Unlike American Football, time wasting is considered unsportsmanlike and is punished by adding more time.
                              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

OH! Yes, I read it's time added for time wasted ... but I didn't know they meant that literally. OK. Yea! Mexico has 2! Wednesday AM I'll be watching for ?3? We really can't get over all the DRAMA of false injury these guys display. It's unbelievable.
                                I looked up RUGBY & yeas, we have it & yes some international games were in June... I didn't see anymore here tho. I have never seen RUGBY game/match. much like soccer - until now of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X