Welcome Back & Apologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Back & Apologies

Well folks, very sorry to break the bad news, but, the last site is not recoverable despite my best attempts and those of some rather technically minded server guru's.
    A lesson learned from me that online back ups are great, but, in reality 4 levels of back up doesn't guarantee safety, from now on, i have 8 levels including 2 offline saves.

So, as you've noticed you'll have had to register again.
    From here on, people need to advise me what they want forum wise, exactly what areas etc, i know there were a few games etc we enjoyed playing.

I'm still in Africa doing my normal job and giving the site as much time as i can, so, please make seperate suggestions and i'll get to them, i won't be able to do major stuff until i get home, the smilies for example are all at home.

Anyway, once again, very sorry for the hiccup, hopefully now on a new (ish) server and things will be faster, better nicer etc

post away
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Glad to be back, hope all other Book Joint peeps find their way here.

Comment

Need instructions on how to get picture from my computer on to my Avatar section - keeps asking me questions I don't know the answer to. ?????

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
        Need instructions on how to get picture from my computer on to my Avatar section - keeps asking me questions I don't know the answer to. ?????
        Not sure what your problem is Mo, can you be more specific.
        The picture size, ie pixels width and height must be a max 150 x 150, there is also a max file size, but, i've set that very high so that shouldn't be an issue.
        E-mail the pic to me Mo and i'll see if i can upload it for you - alan@thebookjoint.com

Comment

Hello, I'm here. Now to find an avatar for myself. I've 'lost' all of my photos.

Comment

Whoa! How sad to click on my "TBJ" & nothing was there! Thank you GIS, ALAN … for your work on keeping us all connected. Really, thanks! I wish someone could find the REACHER CREATURE MAP that we had previously. ANYONE know how to get that from ??? was it Froggie?

Comment

Oh! ok, BIG picture, ha-ha!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Whoa! How sad to click on my "TBJ" & nothing was there! Thank you GIS, ALAN … for your work on keeping us all connected. Really, thanks! I wish someone could find the REACHER CREATURE MAP that we had previously. ANYONE know how to get that from ??? was it Froggie?
                Reacher Map

Please check if this one works.
                It isn't up to date, but it has quite a lot of members of the old Lee Child forum as well

Comment

Originally posted by Froggie View Post
                  https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...c.kKshi5DQXkwc

It isn't up to date, but it has quite a lot of members of the old Lee Child forum as well
                  There we are in blue.

Comment

Froggie, thank you! Good to see you post again. And Fiona & Mo too.

Comment

Reacher Map

Can this be recreated with the new users? anyone know how to do it?

Comment

Gis, I got the Avatar thing fixed, it was way more simple than what I was trying to do.

Comment

I can't change the custom user title... Tried several times and get a thank you for the update to get back to the Early Learner

Comment

I can't change the custom user title... Tried several times and get a thank you for the update to get back to the Early Learner
                            Try again

Comment

Me too Froggie . But I'll try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X