What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing?

Ah, the south … do you think they are worried about being PC? oh, & what I was "doing" was - I was at a KNAP-IN. Which is where they sell, show & trade "carved" rock. Like my "eagle" picture; which is obsidian. flint, chert, obsidian, etc. & they make arrowheads, spears, jewelry, etc. (spalling) Lapidators, Knappers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 13-07-2015, 06:07 PM.

And on a not too country note. I believe on the way out to the Knap-In we passed Justin Timberlake's new house being built. Huge! Leiper's Fork is kinda out there though. It's nice most of the way, large horse farms, then in town a very small community of art & B&B's and small homes built in the 1800's. really cute/quaint.
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 13-07-2015, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I've always admired that obsidian eagle in your avatar, 4. That's a wonderful piece of art. What size is it? It looks like it might fit in the palm of my hand, but maybe it's bigger.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

What are you doing?

Thank you Dan. I thought it was awesome when I first saw it. It's 6" long. I included a pic of what it looks like in the light. The picture is from Emory Coons who made mine. He's THE best. I also have a knife by Kenny Hull -- included. It's probably a 3" blade - 9" total with an African elk horn handle.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 13-07-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Wow, that's way bigger than I thought it would be! I wonder how many he broke before he perfected the best way to knap that out? That's beautiful! And I love the colors in the knife blade in the other picture. And I didn't know there were elk in Africa.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

What are you doing?

Yep they look like our elk/antelope . They kinda have "ringed" horns they remind me of Texan Longhorns - kinda. oh trust me i'd rather had an elk from here upper/ or Canadian but this look was perfect.
            Thanks! Look him up, I emailed and asked about the eagle & he sold me one. Ken Hull gave me his info.
            And for the guys out there he does the playmate / mud flap chic! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, trying to get on Amazon PRIME day - like everyone else. It keeps crashing! So, I'll keep trying.

Comment

I didn't even bother! Did you eventually get on, 4A?

Comment

Yes I bought shoes (shocker & they came today!) and a dvd
                  Not in the specials

Comment

Ooooh, shoes

Comment

Hey! Does anyone know the date's significance ? Port Chicago.
                      My Great Uncle was there when it happened. He's passed now, I guess 4 years. The local news used to interview him about it. Y'all should look it up .

Comment

Kinda on the Dan note about houses & upkeep. We have FINALLY finished the garage that we started on what? week of May? We still need shutters, ours are old & gonna be a hard match to find. And paint the passenger doors white.
                        oh, here's a better view
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 18-07-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Nice when a project gets finished...or pretty close!

Comment

Heading for my afternoon nap shortly, we were out for lunch, visited the nursery, bought a couple of plants, bought bread and some scones from the bakeshop, nice to get home to the cool temp, outside is not really pleasant.

Comment

We were just wondering when fall gets here

Comment

Working...
                              X